We’re interested in spreading the word of photography and not necessarily heavy photo editing. To that end we’re looking to revamp our Creating the Photograph series on the Phoblographer. Are you a Strobist? Cool! Do your images not involve a ton of Photoshop or post-production manipulation? Awesome! Are you all about getting it right in camera according to what your creative vision dictates? Perfect! Oh, and you’ve got a creative vision? You’re in!
Here’s how you can apply.
What we need from you is to be thorough. Answer the who, what, when, where, how, and why. This series is all about showing off your work, your skill with off-camera lighting, and your need to use minimal editing.
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS. SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED OTHERWISE AND MAY HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE SPAM FOLDER.
- Subject line of your email should be: Creating the Photograph: (your name here)
- Shoot an email to editors[at]thephoblographer[dot]com.
- Describe yourself as a photographer. Think about the who, what, when, where, how, and why. Tell me about who you are as a photographer. List what cameras, lenses, lights, films, (or plates, or papers) and other gear you use. Tell me about your creative vision when you take photos. Tell us all about this photo.
Then answer these questions:
– List a number of your websites
- Show 10 photos at 3000 pixels on the long side that demonstrate some of your best work.
If we like your work, we’ll feature it.