It was only a matter of time until we got another Fujifilm Instax Square camera; and this time around we’re being treated to the Fujifilm Instax SQ6. This is the company’s second Instax Square camera – and with it is also their new Instax Square Black frame film that’s coming out too. The new Fujifilm Instax SQ6 comes in white, gold or grey. It has a 65mm f12.6 lens on the front, and from what the tech specs are telling us thus far, it seems like it’s going to be another one of those plastic fantastic cameras from Fujifilm.
Unlike their previous camera, this one is said to be all analog. That means that there isn’t a digital sensor at the heart and instead the light is passing through straight to the film. At least, that’s what Fujifilm is telling us; we’ll hopefully get one in our hands soon enough. Pretty cool, right?
INSTAX SQUARE SQ6 Key Features:
- Available in three colors, Pearl White, Blush Gold and Graphite Gray.
- Compatible with FUJIFILM INSTAX SQUARE film (purchased separately).
- Picture size – 62mm x 62mm/2.4in. x 2.4in.
- Retractable lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 65.75 mm, 1:12.6.
- Inverted Galilean finder, 0.4 x, with target spot.
- Three motor driven focus modes: Macro Mode (0.3m – 0.5m/1ft. -1.6ft.), Normal Mode (0.5m – 2m/1.6ft. – 6.6ft.), Landscape Mode (2m/6.6ft. and beyond).
- Programmed electronic shutter release, 1.6 sec – 1/400 sec.
- Automatic, Interlocking range (ISO 800): LV 5 – LV 15.5, Exposure compensation: ± 2/3 EV.
- Electronically controlled self-timer with approximately 10 second delay
- LED display with Shooting mode (auto, selfie, macro, landscape, double exposure), brightness adjustment, flash suppressing and self-timer mode.
- Two CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries.
- Capacity: Approximately 30 INSTAX SQUARE 10-pack film packs with new CR2/DL CR2 lithium batteries.
- Tripod socket (tripod sold separately).
Availability and Pricing
The Instax SQUARE SQ6 will be available on May 25, 2018 in the U.S. and Canada for USD $129.95 and CAD $159.99.