Additionally, the XF 80mm F2.8 R LM OIS WR will feature image stabilization (hence the OIS and WR designations) making this a versatile lens for more than just macro shooters. Fujifilm rates this lens as being able to work in temperatures as low as -10 degrees Celsius.
Fujifilm XF 80mm F2.8 Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-sealed at eleven points around the barrel for weather and dust resistance; operates as low as 14 degrees Fahrenheit / -10 degrees Celsius
- 16 lens elements in 12 groups including one aspherical ED lens, one Super ED lens and three ED lenses
- Uses Floating Focus System for improved AF
- Optical Image Stabilization system achieves 5-stop image stabilization
- Focus lens is driven by a linear motor for fast and near-silent autofocus performance
- Fluorine coating applied to front lens elements for improved durability
- Compatible with XF1.4x and XF2.0x teleconverters
This new 80mm lens will be available from Fujifilm starting in November of 2017 and will be retailing for $1199.95. Stay tuned and we will have pre-order links as soon as they are available.
GF 45mm F2.8 Key Features:
- FUJIFILM G Mount is compatible with the FUJIFILM GFX 50S
- Weather and dust resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F/-10°C
- 8 groups and 11 elements construction using one aspherical lens and two ED lenses
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Nano GI coating suppresses ghosting and flare
On the GF lens front, Fujifilm has announced their new GF 45mm F2.8R WR, a lens that they have developed as the sixth lens in the GF system, and it is aimed squarely at street/documentary style photographers.
The 45mm F2.8 R WR has an effective 35mm focal length of 36mm, making it perfect for those who are in love with shooting on a 35mm lens with their DSLR. So wedding, portrait, street, documentary, and journalists who may be shooting with the new Fujifilm GFX system now have a killer option for a wide variety of purposes.
In terms of pricing, the new 45mm F2.8 will also be available in November 2017 for an retail price in the neighborhood of $1699.95. Stay tuned for pre-order links once they are available.