Last Updated on 04/04/2017 by Chris Gampat
In addition to featuring lots of analog photographers right now, we’re also really interested in featuring the work of the strobist photography community. To be clear there, we want to see the work of photographers who have shot photos with off-camera flashes. Your submissions will be considered for our Creating the Photograph series, which you can check out at that previous hyperlink.
Want to submit? Head on past the jump to see how.
The creating the photograph series focuses around how a photographer went into concepting, shooting and editing a single photo. That’s what we’re going to need from you.
Shoot us an email at editors(at)thephoblographer.com. Email subject line: Creating the Photograph: (your name here)
- Tell us the name of your photo, name it in the way that Picasso would name one of his paintings. Make it your masterpiece!
- Walk us through the concept. Be specific: tell us the who, what, when, where, how and why.
- Give us a gear list
- Walk us through what happened on the shoot. A lighting diagram and BTS images/other photos from the shoot will really help here to illustrate the story.
- Walk us through the post-production. A screenshot or two helps.
- Show us the final image before and after editing.
- Submit a bio, website/social media pages and other tidbits about you that you’d like us to feature.
That’s it. Please follow the directions and your chances of being featured go up quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing your submission.