As of recent, we’ve been getting a lot of new submissions from photographers to be featured on the Phoblographer. To increase your chances of being featured, we’re going to ask everyone to please follow the directions after the jump.
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS. SUBMISSIONS MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED OTHERWISE AND MAY HEAD STRAIGHT TO THE SPAM FOLDER.
– Subject line of your email should be: Photography Submission: (Your name here)
– Shoot an email at editors[at]thephoblographer[dot]com. You’ll also probably notice the little call to feature you on the sidebar.
– Describe yourself as a photographer. Think about the who, what, when, where, how and why
- Talk to us about how you got into photography.
- What made you want to get into your specific genre?
- What motivated you to go out and create the specific series or set of images that you’re submitting to us?
- Talk to us about where you draw inspiration from.
- Talk to us about the gear that you use.
We will follow up with more specific questions. Also:
– List a number of your websites
– Explain why the readers want to see your work., or why your project is really cool.
– Show 10 photos at 1000 pixels on the long side that demonstrate some of your best work.
we will review all of your submissions and get back to you based on the volume of emails. Don’t let this discourage you, it’s just the introductory pitch. And if you have a photo that makes great use of lighting, submit it for our Creating the Photograph series.