Impact has recently announced their new VE-TTL battery powered monolights, which feature a small construction that fits into a space not much larger than your average telephoto lens! The Venture VE-TTL is 600/ws and according to the Impact press release claims up to 500 full power flashes with a single battery charge.
- Powerful 600 Ws battery-powered monolight
- Amazingly compact at only 8.9" long and 4.1" in diameter
- Battery endurance of 500 full-power flashes per charge
- TTL support for Sony, Canon, and Nikon
- Two flash modes: Quick (1.2-second recycle) and Power (3-second recycle)
- Digital Color Correction Circuit (DCCC) for stabilizing color temperature throughout the power ranges of both operating modes
- Supports TTL, HSS, and Second Curtain Sync when used with the Venture TTL Wireless Controller
- Flash duration from 1/19,500 to 1/455 second
- Adjustable 1500 lm (15 W) LED modeling lamp with four-option menu
- Advanced IGBT circuitry enables fast switching at high power
The Venture VE-TTL is designed to go up against the likes of Profoto’s B1 and Interfit’s S1, and on the spec sheet it does just that in many key categories. It will be interesting to see if it holds up against those units in real world useage. As of now pricing and availability is TBD, so stay tuned.