It is called Karma, and those who are interested in GoPro’s challenge to DJI will not have to wait too long to have a chance with one. The new drone is expected to go on sale at the end of October for $799 ‘drone-only’ or $1,000/$1,100 with a HERO camera kit. Here are the quick-hit highlights on the Karma drone…
- Stabilizer w/ HERO4 Black Harness
- Game-Style Controller with Touchscreen
- View Live Camera Feed
- Full Control of HERO4 Black
- Use App for Dedicated Camera Operation
- One-Touch Takeoff and Landing
- Selfie, Cable Cam, Orbit Flight Modes
- Stabilizer Grip for Handheld Shooting
- Up to 20 Minutes Flying Time
- Compact Case Included
An interesting design choice here from GoPro, which breaks from other video-focused drones from DJI and others is the position of the mount and camera. On the Karma the camera is front and center, looking forward, and avoiding any propellers getting in the frame as can be an issue on the more standard drone configuration of having the camera hung from the center of the unit. The Karma also folds up and fits into a backpack, making it incredibly portable and easy to take with you somewhere – which again, can be a weakness of other drone systems.
Pre-orders are opening up and we will have those for you as soon as we have them.
More information can be had over on GoPro’s website.