The highlight feature though, or most unique feature for sure, is the inclusion of a new LCD screen somewhat similar to what we have seen on the Zeiss Batis Sony FE lenses. This new LCD replaces the old distance scale and displays “focusing distance, focal length and shake amount” according to Canon’s official press release. The LCD screen received mixed reviews on the Batis series lenses, so it will be interesting to see what a broader DSLR crown thinks of the LCD information display.
EF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IS II USM Highlights
• High-speed autofocus for shooting stills and smooth, near-silent autofocus when shooting video is achieved by incorporating NANO USM technology.
• New Lens Information Display shows focusing distance, focal length, and shake amount.
• One UD Lens helps reduce chromatic aberration and delivers outstanding high resolution and high-contrast results.
• Image Stabilizer effect at up-to-4* stops of shake correction helps capture sharp images.
• Circular aperture (9 blades) helps deliver beautiful, soft backgrounds.
• Full-time manual focus allows manual focus adjustment while in AF Mode.
The new 70-300mm IS II USM will be available in November of this year for a retail price of $549.99. Stay tuned for pre-order links and our full review once we get our hands on one.