At the same time that many photographers are pushing more and more clients to actually print their photos in this digital age, clients are more and more interested in getting older photo prints onto a computer and online. Today Epson unveiled the FastFoto FF-640, which they claim to be the world’s fastest photo scanner, capable of digitizing your prints in as little as 1 second each.
For anyone with an extensive collection of old photos, the convenience of getting them onto a computer is great, but there is a significant investment in time and energy required – especially using traditional flatbed or clamshell scanners. A single step scanner like the FF-640 allows you to scan your images much faster and still with great quality. The price though, will likely be a barrier for many.
Epson FF-640 Highlights
- World’s Fastest Photo Scanner – scan thousands of photos as fast as one photo per second at 300 dpi
- High-Quality Scans – Scan images from wallet-sized to panoramic photos at up to 600 dpi
- Custom FastFoto Software – Bring new life to old photos automatically with Smart PhotoFix (SPF) Technology, red-eye reduction and color enhancement features
- Single-Step Technology – Single scan captures image and handwritten notes on the back
- Special Design – Special handling sheet, custom rollers and paper path to accommodatefragile photos
- Perfect Picture Imaging System – Epson’s proprietary image-processing technology optimizes image quality across printers, projectors and scanners
- Do More Than Just Photos – Scan and save documents and memorabilia; scandocuments as fast as 45 ppm/90 ipm
- Organize Documents – Includes Document Capture Pro to create searchable PDFs foreasy retrieval and ABBYY® FineReader® to scan to editable files
- Ideal for Life’s Special Events – Easily create slideshows, displays and more for anniversaries, weddings and family reunions
The Epson FF-640 should be available for purchase now at $649.99 through Epson’s major retail partners and via Epson’s own website.