For anyone with an extensive collection of old photos, the convenience of getting them onto a computer is great, but there is a significant investment in time and energy required – especially using traditional flatbed or clamshell scanners. A single step scanner like the FF-640 allows you to scan your images much faster and still with great quality. The price though, will likely be a barrier for many.
Epson FF-640 Highlights
- World’s Fastest Photo Scanner – scan thousands of photos as fast as one photo per second at 300 dpi
- High-Quality Scans – Scan images from wallet-sized to panoramic photos at up to 600 dpi
- Custom FastFoto Software – Bring new life to old photos automatically with Smart PhotoFix (SPF) Technology, red-eye reduction and color enhancement features
- Single-Step Technology – Single scan captures image and handwritten notes on the back
- Special Design – Special handling sheet, custom rollers and paper path to accommodatefragile photos
- Perfect Picture Imaging System – Epson’s proprietary image-processing technology optimizes image quality across printers, projectors and scanners
- Do More Than Just Photos – Scan and save documents and memorabilia; scandocuments as fast as 45 ppm/90 ipm
- Organize Documents – Includes Document Capture Pro to create searchable PDFs foreasy retrieval and ABBYY® FineReader® to scan to editable files
- Ideal for Life’s Special Events – Easily create slideshows, displays and more for anniversaries, weddings and family reunions
The Epson FF-640 should be available for purchase now at $649.99 through Epson’s major retail partners and via Epson’s own website.