We have known it was coming for a while now, and after a series of leaks, and rumors today Fujifilm made the 23mm F2 R WR official. Joining the 35mm F2 WR in Fujifilm’s line of small weather resistant fast prime lenses, the 23mm will focus quickly and pair perfectly with Fujifilm’s latest camera offerings like the X-Pro 2 and X-T2.
The XF 23mm F2 WR will have that same quality build and finish we have come to love about the 35mm F2 WR, with its all metal construction and quality aperture & focusing rings. This will be a great alternative to the 23mm F/1.4 for those who need a smaller, more compact, faster focusing option with that traditional 35mm (full frame equivalent) field of view. More specs are after the jump.
XF 23mm F2 R WR Key Features:
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design capable of operating at temperatures as low as 14°F / -10°C
- 10 elements in 6 groups with 2 aspherical elements, 2 Super EBC (Super Electron Beam Coating) ensures high performance by reducing both flare and ghosting
- 9 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- Minimum working distance of less than 9 inches
- Fast and silent autofocus of 0.05 seconds
- Compatible with the vented metal hood “LH-XF35- 2” (also compatible with the XF35mmF2 R WR).
According to Fujifilm the new lens will be available in September and will retail for $449. They also noted that initially the lens will only be available in black with no word on when a silver version would become available.