Tiffen is bringing their award winning Motion Picture and Television filters to photographers and videographers with their new Pro 100 Series Filter system. The adapter set attaches to your lens via the standard filter ring and then it allows you to use one or two of Tiffen’s MPTV 4×4 or 4×5 filters.
In concept, you could say it is similar to something like LEE Filters or Cokin, just made specifically to work with Tiffen’s MPTV filters – the edge is even sealed to prevent light leaks and it is also fully rotatable. Tiffen says that the Pro 100 system will also come in two and three filter kit options, allowing for photographers and videographers to a variety of filters for whatever their needs are. The base default filter size will be 77mm, but others from 49-82mm will also be available.
Tiffen Pro 100 Series Highlights
- Extremely durable Aluminum Frame equipped with rubberized grips, allowing for a secure fit for 4X4 and 4X5.650 filters
- Holds up to two, 4mm thick glass filters
- Fully rotatable adapter ring
- Edge sealed to prevent light leaks for long exposure photography (please note that a felt lining is included to prevent light leaks)
- Works with adapter rings from 49mm-82mm
No exact pricing or availability was announced with the new filter system, other than an ‘end of August 2016’ international release. So in other words they will be available soon, just not right away. You can keep an eye on Tiffen’s website for the latest details about this release in the days to come before they officially go on sale.