Expanding on our call for gear reviewers (which have been more or less filled and they will start soon) we’re looking to bring on new faces to the staff of the Phoblographer for the news and culture side. We’re offering very competitive pay, a couple of cool perks, a heck of an experience, and a chance to work with cool folks in the photo industry.
Part-Time News/Culture Writer
– Must be proficient with WordPress
– Being located in the US is a plus, but not mandatory
– Previous news writing experience is highly preferred
– Must have industry technical knowledge as well as photography knowledge
– Two news/culture posts per business day of the week. Usually pieces are around 300 words each
– Must be able to meet deadlines
– Must work well with a team and be able to take guidance (sometimes constructive criticism) well.
– You’ll have a trial period.
How to Apply
Skip the resume and send a mind-blowingly awesome cover letter citing all the best stuff that you’ve done in one shot along with three writing samples that demonstrate that you can do the type of work that we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to make the subject line say your name and News/Culture Writer Position. Example would be: Chris Gampat: News/Culture Writer Position.
After your application is received, it will be reviewed by me. Good luck to all applicants.