If you’re an experienced Photography Blogger, then the Phoblographer wants to work with you and bring you onto the list of contributors as we work to progress the site into its next stage.
More details are after the jump.
The ideal candidates will:
– Have great photography knowledge and be able to write well, though I can work with you and give you guidance. While all articles go through my eyes, it makes it a lot easier on us to have polished writing and know what you’re talking about.
– Be able to contribute up to two (2) times a week
– Be able to review photography gear. Not just cameras, but film, lenses, lighting, camera bags, tripods, etc.
– Be super friendly: which is something that we’ve prided ourselves on here since Day 1.
– Know how to use WordPress
– Meet deadlines well
– Communicate with myself and the rest of the staff quickly and efficiently
– Experience with the Trello management system is preferred though not mandatory.
– Being able to answer, “Who, what, when, where, how, and why?” in every single paragraph written in the story. We can train you on this, but it gives you a leg up above the competition.
Now here are the plusses that give you an edge:
– If you’re a current Amazon affiliate or have other affiliate accounts that are active, we will allow you to use your links in your posting here on The Phoblographer.
– If you’re located in NYC (or around it) that would be a huge help. Not necessarily required though.
– If you’re familiar with The Phoblographer’s style of doing things (have been a long time reader and can figure out what makes us different than other places like DPReview) then you’ll have an even larger edge because you’ll meld in very easily.
– Familiarity with Photo editing products is required, video editing is a plus.
How to Apply (Follow These Carefully!!!)
1. Send us a cover letter along with three writing samples that demonstrate that you can do the type of work that we’re looking for to email@example.com. Please look very carefully at the Phoblographer’s reviews before you do this.
Be sure to make the subject line say your name and Gear Blogger Position. Example would be: Chris Gampat: Gear Blogger Position.