On May 21st, bring your manual exposure capable camera with a standard hot shoe; because I’m doing a workshop on how to create great portrait photos using the gear you currently have.
Interested? Details are after the jump!
Who: A portrait session tutorial with the Phoblographer’s Chris Gampat
What: You’ll learn how good portraiture is less about your gear and much more about solid communication, good ideas, and a creative vision. It’s all about the process.
When: May 21st at 2pm to 6pm
Where: Lomography Gallery Store: 41 West 8th Street, New York, NY 10011
Cost of the workshop is $40. You can sign up here at EventBrite.
On May 21st, bring your manual-exposure capable camera, some creative freedom and ideas that can work in a studio. The Phoblographer’s Chris Gampat will show you all of the basics of portraiture including things like:
– Observing specifics of a person’s body and translating that into portraiture
– Using Lighting and placing it accordingly
– Effective communication between you and your subjects
– Exposure settings and making the most of what your gear is capable of
– Working on ideas
– How much portraiture is really about working with people than it is about the gear you’re working with.
This workshop will cost $40; and within a couple of hours of time you’ll be getting loads of excellent knowledge in this Master Series workshop.
It will happen at the Lomography Gallery Store at 2pm on May 21st. Come willing to learn!
PLEASE BRING A CAMERA CAPABLE OF DOING MANUAL EXPOSURES AND PREFERRABLY WITH A STANDARD HOT SHOE!!