Tamrac recently announced a brand new lineup of messenger bags that are designed for mirrorless cameras and DSLRs. Don’t ask me how to pronounce it, but they’re called the Derechoe bags. At first glance at their product images, I wondered why they would create such an ugly thing. Then I saw their lifestyle product photography; and it began to make sense.
The Derechoe are a more minimalist type of messenger bag with a number of pockets, padded dividers, zippers, and use different and more contemporary materials than the leather and canvas that we’re so used to seeing these days. Additionally, they use a special buckle system that closes using magnets.
There are three versions: the Derechoe 3, Derechoe 5, and Derechoe 8. The 8 is the largest with the 3 being the most petite. They don’t seem large enough for you to tote around a laptop unfortunately, so you’ll need to stick to your tablet instead.
Other features include:
- Large main opening that holds DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, lenses and accessories
- Optimized lightweight protective foams
- Quick access, secure magnetic Fidlock® buckle system
- Protective tablet sleeve
- Organizer pocket with key fob strap holds personal items
- Protective foam dividers are fully customizable for your gear
- Water resistant 2x PU coating
- Fully adjustable ergonomically designed shoulder strap