Today, Fujifilm is announcing two new additions to their X series lineup: the 90mm f2 and the rumored X-T10. First up, we’re most excited about the company’s new 90mm f2 Super EBC XF that has weather sealing incorporated into the body. The lens has seven aperture blades, 11 elements in 8 groups, can focus as close as 24 inches and on the 1.5x crop camera bodies gives you a true 135mm field of view with an equivalent full frame depth of field of f3 when shooting wide open.
You’ll probably never want to stop this lens down anyway, though you’ll surely need to so that you can get your subject in focus.
Then there is the X-T10, which is a stripped down version of the X-T1 and targeted at the enthusiast. Prices and tech specs are all after the jump.
Fujifilm 90mm F2
- FUJIFILM X-Mount is compatible with all FUJIFILM X-Series interchangeable system cameras
- Weather-resistant design with 7 sealing points for weather- and dust-resistance and operation as low as 14°F
- NEW Quad Linear Motor for 0.14 seconds autofocus speed and nearly silent operation
- Uses 11 elements in 8 groups, including 3 ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral and axial chromatic aberration
- Nano-GI coating alters the refractive index between glass and air to reduce ghosting and flare
- 7 blade aperture creates smooth and circular bokeh
- 1/3 EV steps
- Minimum working distance of approximately 24 inches.
- 16.3 MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS II Sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Fast AF of 0.06 seconds
- Startup time of 0.5 seconds
- Shutter time lag of 0.005 seconds
- Shooting interval of 0.5 seconds
- High-precision 2.36 million dot OLED viewfinder
- Large viewfinder magnification for digital cameras of 0.62x
- Wide viewing angle (horizontal 25°)
- Ultra-fast Real Time Viewfinder with a lag-time of 0.005 second and new Natural Live View with Preview Picture Effect
- Tempered glass 920K-dot high-precision 3” tilting LCD monitor
- Digital Split Image and Focus Highlight Peaking
- Completely electronic shutter up to 1/32000 seconds
- ISO200 – 6400, extended ISO 100, 12800, 25600, Auto (maximum ISO setting from ISO 400 – ISO6400 available)
- ISO setting of up to 51200 for ultra-high sensitivity that produces low noise and strong blacks in low light conditions.
- ‘Classic Chrome’ and ten other film simulation modes with eight Advanced Filter functions
- Eye Detection AF to automatically detect and focus on human eyes
- Full HD video 1080p at 60fps; bit rate of 36Mbps for clear capture of delicate movements; frame rates of 50fps, 30fps, 25fps and 24fps, supporting worldwide motion picture formats with a high bit rate of 36Mbps for high definition video capture
- Manual focus available during video recording
- Auto Macro function automatically activates the Macro mode while maintaining AF speed
- Variable aspect ratio can be selected from 3:2, 16:9, and 1:1 (square) to accommodate a wide range of photographic styles
- Interval timer shooting for time lapse photography is available with intervals of one second to 24 hours and up to 999 frames.
- Free FUJIFILM Camera Remote application and Wireless Communication function allows users to remotely shoot images from smartphones and tablets via WiFi
- Photos can be sent to the INSTAX Share Printer using the free INSTAX Share App (iOS and Android) SHARE Smartphone Printer.
The FUJIFILM X-T10 will be available in June 2015 in the following configurations:
X-T10 XC16-50mm Kit – USD $899.95 \ CAD $999.99.
X-T10 XF18-55mm Kit – USD $1,099.95 \ CAD $1,249.99.