Last Updated on 12/30/2014 by Chris Gampat
We’re currently in the process of bringing on a new addition to team Phoblographer. The site is currently going through lots of exciting changes that we’ve been very quiet about for the past year and we’re looking for an awesome candidate to hop on board.
Details after the jump.
Part-Time News Writer
– Must be proficient with WordPress.org platforms. WordPress.com platform knowledge may be considered.
– Located in the US, preferably in the NYC area but not 100% mandatory
– Previous news writing experience is highly preferred, especially in the photo industry
– Must have photo industry knowledge as well as photography art world knowledge. The most ideal candidate will demonstrate understanding of the art and technology world.
– News writing is a mix of aggregation and original news stories while culture writing is a mix of interviews and photographer features. We choose stories every morning and you get to pick the one that you want. On occasion, posts will be specifically assigned.
– One news post per business day of the week. Usually pieces are around 300-500 words each. We pay industry rates and every employee receives a single raise each year with bonuses. We also enjoy a number of company benefits. We’re asking for around an hour a day, totalling to five hours a week roughly.
Consideration for writing extra and getting bonus pay is always there and always on the table to be discussed.
– Paid holidays
– Must be able to meet deadlines
– Must work well with a team and be able to take guidance (sometimes constructive criticism) well.
We’re a pretty relaxed company with the startup mentality and that also as a lot coming in the near future. You can be a part of it.
How to Apply
– There are two ways to apply:
1. Send us a cover letter and resume along with three writing samples that demonstrate that you can do the type of work that we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Skip the resume and send us a mind-blowingly awesome cover letter citing all the best stuff that you’ve done in one shot along with three writing samples that demonstrate that you can do the type of work that we’re looking for to email@example.com.
Be sure to make the subject line say your name and News Writer Position. Example would be: Chris Gampat: News Writer Position.
After your application is received, it will be reviewed by the Editorial Board, and then voted on.
Good luck to all applicants.