Last Updated on 11/10/2014 by Kevin Lee
Breakthrough Photography just announced its new X-Series lens filter lineup. There are three new types of filters in the line, but they are all ultra-slim measuring between 3.5 and 3.2mm. The filters are also made with glass from Germany and Japan with advanced coatings and a weather-sealed construction.
Firstly the X1 is your standard UV filter except with a much thinner profile compared to most filters. The X2 filters, meanwhile, come as a three or six stop neutral density with UV reduction all wrapped with an aluminum frame. Lastly, the X3 Traction filters are made with CNC cut brass frames and SCHOTT B270 glass from Germany. The X3 filters also are available as 3-stop and 6-stop neutral density and UV filters.
All the X-Series lens filters are also double-threaded, weather-sealed, and backed with a 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee. The new X-Series filters just became available for pre-order on Kickstarter and are expected to ship out this December or later.
Pricing & Availability:
- $109 X3 Traction NDin 3-stop or 6-stop (Available in January 2015)
- $79 X3 Traction UV (Available in December 2014)
- $59 X2 Traction ND in 3-stop or 6-stop (Available in January 2015)
- $39 X2 Traction UV(Available in December 2014)
- $25 X1 UV Standard Flat Black (Available in December 2014)