Yongnuo has announced a new Speedlite YN600EX-RT for Canon strobists. The radio-controlled flashgun comes with a variable electronic zoom head that shifts between 20 and 200mm, plus it can be tuned for high-speed sync up to 1/8000 second.
Once paired with a the YN-E3-RT radio the flash can also be set up to fire with E-TTL mode and manual power control. The best thing about Yongnuo flashes is users can ride on Canon’s official radio transmission protocol whilst being a cheaper alternative to Canon own Speedlite, the 600EX-RT. Just keep in mind the YN600EX-RT is not compatible with Yongnuo’s 2.4GHz triggering systems, including the RF-603 and YN-622.
Yongnuo has yet to release a price for the Speedlite YN600EX-RT but it should arrive this October. Until then check past the jump for more images and specs on this flashgun.
Via Lighting Rumors
- Guide number of 60 (ISO-100, 200mm)
- Electronic zoom head 20–200mm
- E-TTL and manual power control
- “Dumb” S1/S2 optical slave modes
- Canon RT wireless support (master and slave)
- Canon AND Nikon optical transmission wireless support
- High-speed sync to 1/8000 second
- PC sync
- External power socket for high-voltage battery packs
- USB firmware updates