There are four really big contests going on right now, so check them out after the jump.
– Kupo is teaming up with us and Sigma to give away $12,000 worth of cinema gear. US Residents only.
– We’re teaming up with TotallyRad! to give away some of the best presets for Photoshop and Lightroom that you’ll get your hands on. Check out this worldwide contest.
– TAP and DYE is giving away a yet to be released strap on INSTAGRAM ONLY! Here are the details:
We love cameras of all kinds. Film, digital, small, medium or large format, retro or modern it doesn’t matter. We want to see what you’re working with. All you need to do is take the most awesomest photo of one camera/lens combo you love. naked! No accessories or attachments. Show off your camera and your skillz in one shot.We will be giving away our yet to be released, brand new hand stitched wrist strap design cut from black horween chromexcel leather detailed with crimson red waxed nylon thread and our signature branded lock ring.
All you have to do is:
1) tag a friend on instagram on this post and follow us
2) post the best photo portrait of your camera
3) tag the pic #tapandddye #nakedcamerastyle
4) best shot wins.
The winner will be chosen on 6/19. Good luck to all!
Regarding the wrist strap design, the width of the strap has been increased to 3/4″ from 1/2″ which will handle much heavier camera setups more easily. The weight of the leather is the same 7 oz of the current wrist straps. The leather itself is cut from black horween chromexcel leather which is incredibly smooth and soft. It’s the same leather we use for the neckpads on our Porter straps. This black strap is completely hand stitched with crimson waxed tiger thread, a durable weather treated thread made out of bonded nylon. Incredibly strong. Also, there is now a slideable leather loop that functions just like our metal d-ring and locks the strap in place when in use.
We have had a lot of requests from customers who were looking for a metal free strap, so this version has taken those concerns into account.
– Profoto is also having a giveaway on their Facebook page that you can check out here.