Compact camera system shooters are in for a treat this morning. Carl Zeiss just pulled the wraps on a new macro lens, the Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M. Zeiss touts its new macro lens offers a magnification power of 1:1 to photograph objects in their original size in real-life. As a macro lens it will allow shooters to get up close with a 1.97 inch minimum focusing distance to capture all the tiny details not visible to the naked eye.
Alternatively, the lens affords an equivalent 75mm focal length on APS-C cameras. This low-powered telephoto lens could be perfect for tight portrait shots or even some landscape work. The lens works on both Sony E mount and Fujifilm X mount cameras including the brand new Fujifilm X-T1.
Inside, the lens features 14 elements in 11 groups. Like many other Zeiss lenses, the lens focuses without extending the barrel, thanks to a floating design in which individual internal glass elements move relative to each other. On the front, users will find a M52 filter thread as well as a mountable lens hood.
The Touit 2.8/50M in E and X mounts will be available worldwide in March for $999. We have even more images of the Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M after the break plus sample pictures and specs so click past the break.
Zeiss Touit 2.8/50M
- Focal length: 50 mm
- Effective focal length if used on APS-C camera: 75 mm
- Aperture range: f2.8 – 22
- Lens elements / Group: 14/11
- Focusing range: 6.02″ – ∞
- Free working distance: 1.97″
- Angular field** (diag. / horiz. / vert.): 31° / 26° / 18°
- Diameter of image field: 28.2 mm (1.11″)
- Flange focal distance: E-mount: 0.71″; X-mount: 0.70″
- Coverage at close range (MOD): 0.93 x 0.61″
- Image ratio at MOD: 1:1
- Filter thread: M52 x 0.75
- Diameter max. (with lens shade): 2.95″
- Length (without lens caps): 3.58″
- Length (with lens caps): E: 4.09″; X: 4.25″
- Weight (without lens caps): 0.64 lbs
- Camera mounts: E-mount, X-mount
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.