Here it is, Sony’s latest addition it’s Cyber-shot compact camera family, the W830. Sony promises its new camera will deliver a mix of fun and creative features inside an ultra-compact, 22.5mm thin body. Even with the camera’s small body, the Cyber-shot W830 features a 20.1 MP CCD sensor paired with an 8x Carl Zeiss optical zoom lens and BIONZ image processor.
As an everyday shooter, the Cyber-shot W830 delivers 5,152 x 3,864 images captured across an 80-3200 ISO range. The point-and-shoot camera is also equipped a nice piece of Carl Zeiss glass in its 8x lens that gives the W830 an equivalent reach of 25-200mm. Beyond hardware, Sony programed the camera with a variety of modes with Beauty Effect mode to get that “perfect shot.” There are also several post-shot re-touching options for everything from teeth whitening to eye widening.
Sony slates the new Cyber-shot W830 compact camera will be available in black, silver and pink next month, in February priced at $120. Check past the break for more hardware details and images.
Sony Cyber-shot Digital Camera W830
- 1/2.3″ Super HAD CCD image sensor
- 20.1 million effective pixels
- BIONZ image processor
- 5,152 x 3,864 maximum resolution
- 80-3200 ISO range
- 2 – 1/1,600 second shutter speed range
- 8x Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens (25-200mm equivalent)
- 8 elements in 7 groups lens construction
- 5cm/0.16ft minimum focusing distance
- 2.7in 230K dot Clear Photo LCD
- MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC compatible
- Video mode:: MP4:9M (1,280×720/30fps) /6M STD(1,280×720/30fps) /3M VGA(640×480/30fps)
- Mono microphone/speaker
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 3 3/4 x 2 1/8 x 29/32in (93.1 x 52.3 x 22.5mm)
- Weight: 3.7oz/106g camera body only
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.