Hey folks, we’re looking to bring on a new face to the staff of the Phoblographer. We’re offering very competitive pay, a couple of cool perks, a heck of an experience, and a chance to work with some of the coolest folks in the photo industry.
Interested? Read on ahead.
Part-Time News Writer
– Must be proficient with WordPress
– Being located in the US is a plus, but not mandatory
– Previous news writing experience is highly preferred
– Must have industry knowledge as well as photography knowledge
– One news post per business day of the week. Usually pieces are around 300-500 words each
– Must be able to meet deadlines
– Must work well with a team and be able to take guidance (sometimes constructive criticism) well.
– At the moment this is a temporary position until March, but by then it could turn into a more long term position; in which case we might even have more work for you and it may even include a pay raise.
How to Apply
– There are two ways to apply:
1. Send us a cover letter and resume along with three writing samples that demonstrate that you can do the type of work that we’re looking for to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Skip the resume and send us a mind-blowingly awesome cover letter citing all the best stuff that you’ve done in one shot along with three writing samples that demonstrate that you can do the type of work that we’re looking for to email@example.com.
Be sure to make the subject line say your name and News Writer Position. Example would be: Chris Gampat: News Writer Position.
After your application is received, it will be reviewed by me, then the Editorial Board, and then voted on.
Good luck to all applicants.