When I heard about the MagMod, it piqued my interest. Originally announced on Kickstarter, the project is already well past it’s goal on Kickstarter and rightfully so. The Magmod is a magnetic flash modifier which eliminates velcro, straps and adhesives. The Modifiers are made from a single piece of silicone rubber and it’s one size fits all. They say it works with anything from the Nikon SB600 or an old Sunpack Auto30DX to the the Canon 600EX and Nikon SB900. The MagMod comes with a modular flexible honeycomb grid and a MagGel kit.
More details are after the jump.
- One-size-fits-all compatibility. Works with Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus, and just about every prosumer hot-shoe flash ever created.
- Instantaneous attachment method using magnets
- Strong grip on your flash prevents from accidentally falling off!
- Sleek and compact so you can always leave it on your flash
- Durable elastic silicone band is incredibly resilient against impact and snapping
- Instant & strong magnetic attachment
- Compact size makes for easy storage, takes up less space in your bag!
- Completely modular, stack as many grids + gels as you want!
- No loose pieces to misplace, magnets come pre-assembled
This product is well worth watching.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.