Last Updated on 09/24/2013 by Chris Gampat
You know that Pentax Full Frame camera that we’ve all been waiting for and many folks have been sick and tired of hearing about? Well, Sony Alpha Rumors is stating that it may just indeed be coming. So why is it on the Sony oriented site? Well, the camera may feature a Sony sensor built in–which is the approach that the company has taken for a couple of years now. But that’s not all, a source gave them the image showing a full frame mirror.
But that’s not all the proof out there…
Photo Rumors found more possible specs on RiceHigh’s website–but they state that the camera is an APS-C camera and not a full frame. The camera may be called the Pentax K-3. And the specs are as follows:
- Ricoh Pentax K-3: 24MP APS-C Sensor
- Hardware AA Filter-less
- Software AA Filter
- PRIME III Image Processor
- 86k RGB Segmented Light Metering with -3EV Sensitivity
- 27-Point AF with -3EV Sensitivity
- 8.5 Maximum FPS (Tentative)
- 4 Stop SR
- 100% 0.95X Optical Viewfinder
- Fixed Air-gapless LCD
- Built-in Interval Shooting up to 2000 Frames and Internal Video Composite
- MPEG4 AVC/H.264 Full HD 30p/60i Video
- New Stereo Phone-out Monitor Jack
- 3 User Modes
- Weight: 800g
- Price: $1299.99 for body only
See that price? It’s insanely low–and the camera is also listed on Pentax’s website according to Photo Rumors. We’re not sure that a full frame camera could be priced that low right now.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.