As an update to its P7700 enthusiast’s compact, Nikon introduces the P7800, which adds an electronic viewfinder into the mix. The P7800 sports the same bright 28-200mm f2-4 superzoom lens, but thanks to the added EVF has to do without the third control dial on the top. The display measures 3″ and sports an RGBW pixel matrix for improved visibility under bright lighting conditions. Both the articulated rear display an the EVF sport 921k dots. The sensor also apparently remains the same 1/1.7″ BSI-CMOS with a pixel count of 12.2 million. In addition to the P7800, Nikon also introduces an accessory LED light that can be used with all Nikon compacts that sport a tripod mount. Details after the break.
Via Nikon Rumors
Nikon P7800 Specs
- 12.2 megapixel 1/1.7″ BSI-CMOS sensor
- 28-200mm (equivalent) f2-4 zoom lens
- ISO 80-6,400
- Fully articulated 3″ 921k dot rear screen
- 921k dot electronic viewfinder
- Min. focus distance (macro mode): 5 cm (2 in)
- 99 focus points
- Min. shutter speed: 1/4000 sec.
- 1080/25p/20p HD video recording
Nikon LD-1000 Specs
- Continuous LED light source, ideal for movies
- Fits Coolpix compacts and 1-series cameras
- Attaches to the tripod mount
- Built-in diffusion panel for soft light
- Can also be used off-camera
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.