Last Updated on 09/15/2012 by Chris Gampat
Together with a bunch of other new lenses, ranging from the teeny-tiny 06 Telephoto Zoom lens for the Q system via an all-purpose zoom lens for K-mount and a super-telephoto for the same, Pentax also announces the latest addition to its 645 medium format system, a 90mm f2.8 macro lens. As with all of Pentax’ 645 lenses, this one can be used on film as well as digital bodies. On the former it renders an image with an angle-of-view of 42.5°, while on the latter it produces a 34° a-o-v, comparable to that of a 71mm lens on 35mm full-frame. It is the third lens expicitly developed for the digital 645D medium format camera, after the 55mm f2.8 normal lens and the 25mm f4 wide angle lens.
Pentax D FA 645 90mm f2.8 Specs
- Focal length: 90mm
- Apeture range: f2.8 – f22
- 11 lens elements in 9 groups
- 2 ED elements and one glass-molded aspherical element
- Min. focusing distance: 1.36′ (41.3 cm)
- Max. magnification: 0.5x
- Filter thread size: 67mm
- 9 rounded aperture blades
- Instant switching from AF to MF via Quick-shift Focus System
- New HD coating and Aero Bright coating to optimize light transmission and minimize reflections
- Dustproof, weather-resistant and Super Protect-coated
- Pentax SR (Shake Reduction) mechanism
Pricing and Availability
The HD PENTAX D FA 645 MACRO 90mm F2.8 ED AW SR lens will be available at retail outlets nationwide and online in October 2012 with a suggested retail price of $4,499.95.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.