Last Updated on 08/09/2012 by Chris Gampat
The point and shoot market received another addition; and so did the mirrorless camera market. You’re looking at the new Nikon Coolpix L610: a compact superzoom camera that comes in three pretty colors. Otherwise though, the highly rumored Nikon J2 is also being announced. Replacing the J1, it is the camera aimed at the point and shoot market for the most part.
Specs, photos, and all that jazz are after the jump.
– 16MP CMOS sensor
– 25-350mm zoom range (f3.3 to 5.9)
– VR stabilization in the lens
– New intelligent AF system
– 1080p HD video
– 3 Inch LCD screen with 460,000 dots of resolution
– Special effects and filters
– Mount: Nikon 1 mount
– 1in sensor (Approx. 2.7x lens focal length (Nikon CX format) 13.2 mm x 8.8 mm high speed AF CMOS sensor
– 10.1 MP
– 3-in. LCD with approx. 921k-dot, TFT LCD with brightness adjustment
– Full HD Movie: HD movies: 1,920 x 1,080/60i (59.94fps), 1,920 x 1,080/30p (29.97fps), 1,280 x 720/60p (59.94fps) • Slow-motion movies: 640 x 240/400fps (plays at 30p/29.97fps), 320 x 120/1,200fps (plays at 30p/29.97fps) • Motion Snapshot: 1,920 x 1,080/60p (59.94fps) (plays at 24p/23.976fps) *Sensor output is about 60fps.
– NEF (RAW): 12-bit, compressed • JPEG: JPEG- Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8), or basic (approx. 1:16) compression • NEF (RAW) + JPEG
– ISO 100-3200 in steps of 1 EV.
– Metering method: Matrix • Center-weighted:
– Utilizes SD (Secure Digital), SDHC, and SDXC memory cards
– Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 4.2 x 2.4 x 1.2 in./ 106.0 x 61.0 x 29.8 mm, excluding projections
– Weight: Approx. 9.9oz/280g with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 8.4oz/237g for camera body only
The J2 will come with the 10-30mm kit lens with the option of the 30-110 if you’d like as well.