Panasonic has just announced the release of two interesting new camcorders. The TA1 is a pocket camcorder that doubles as a web-cam and the SDX1 is their lightest full HD camcorder that also doubles as a web-cam. Hit the jump for more specs and the important pieces from the press releases.
Editor’s Note: Apparently more Panasonic information is coming this evening. Stay Tuned!
SDX1 (From the Press Release)
– Weighing in at just under 0.41 lbs.
– In addition to being a camcorder that can capture HD video content, the SDX1 also serves as a Web camera and microphone, allowing for users to connect with online video chat programs, such as Skype.
– Panasonic HDC-SDX1 also features a newly-developed HYBRID Optical Image Stabilization system (O.I.S.), an image stabilization system that provides optical and electrical hand-shake correction. This system specifically helps when zooming, making it possible to record beautiful videos. In addition to the HYBRID O.I.S. system, the SDX1 provides even more powerful hand-shake correction with O.I.S. Lock. By pressing the O.I.S. Lock button on the LCD monitor, the blur detection sensitivity is maximized and other camera movements are detected and corrected.
– The camera includes:
• Face Recognition finds the registered faces of subjects and automatically optimizes the focus and exposure, while continuously tracking them as they move around within the LCD frame.
• HYBRID O.I.S. provides more accurate hand-shake correction with its four-axis blur detection, helping to steady images even when zooming or shooting a moving subject.
• AF/AE Tracking tracks a moving subject to make sure it’s recorded in optimal image quality. The normal Auto mode adjusts the focus and exposure for a subject at the center of the screen. With AF/AE Tracking, the user “locks on” to a subject by simply
touching the LCD screen.
• Intelligent Scene Selector detects the situation and switches the scene mode accordingly.
• Face Detection captures faces beautifully even in dim or backlit scenes.
• Intelligent Contrast Control prevents blown highlights and blocked shadows to retain natural, highly-nuanced images with proper contrast.
• Touch Screen Operation with a 2.7-inch wide LCD monitor.
The Panasonic HDC-SDX1 will be available in black in September 2010 with a suggested retail price of $499.95. For more information on Panasonic camcorders, please visit www.panasonic.com/dvc.
– Integrated USB plug for quicker connection to your PC
– The TA1 also supports the Apple iFrame video format (960 x 540/30p), which is optimal for Mac® users to import quickly and maintain small file sizes. When using iMovie, the iFrame video data in the video camera is the same format as the one that is
used to edit.
– 2.09 inch (w) x 0.70 inch (d) x 4.09 inch (h), and weighing just 0.25lbs
– Can capture 8MP images
– Records in MP4 format
• E.I.S. (Electrical Image Stabilization) to minimize hand-shake issues.
• Digital zoom up to 4x, helping to expand the user’s shooting range.
• Color effects enabling creative shooting, including Sepia, Monochrome, and Soft Skin. Sepia mode adds warmth to the captured images; Soft Skin produces realistic skin tones; and Monochrome mode transforms the appearance to create a cool ambience.
• USB-capable charging by connected the TA1’s USB cord to a PC, eliminating the need to carry a separate cord or charger.
The Panasonic HM-TA1 will be available in three different color options, purple, dark grey and red in August 2010 with a suggested retail price of $169.95.