You know all that rumors that leaked about a 56mm f1.2 lens from Fujifilm? Apparently it’s real according to their latest lens roadmap. And by the looks of it, that’s going to makes CES 2014 a very exciting time. It also looks like Photo Plus East will be quite a good time as well for Fujifilm users according to this timeline.
But beyond this, there is a brand new lens and firmware updates for the X Pro 1 and the XE-1. And all the details are after the jump.
FUJINON XF55-200mm (83-300mm) F3.5-F4.8 R LM OIS
Tech Specs taken from the Press Release
• An advanced optical design to cover the mid-telephoto (83mm) to telephoto (300mm)
• Image stabilization for shutter speeds up to 4.5 stops slower
• Two linear motors for high-speed AF and quiet operation
• Two ED lens elements and one Super ED lens element for increased performance and effective control against chromatic aberrations
• FUJINON’s proprietary HT-EBC coating on the entire lens surface to effectively prevent reflections, and control flare and ghosting. Minimum focal distance of 1.1m across the entire zoom range to enable telephoto close-ups
• A 1/3EV step aperture ring for users to easily adjust the aperture while holding the camera up to their eye
• High quality, metal construction focus ring and aperture ring
New firmware will also be released to improve auto focus performance for the FUJIFILM X- Pro1 and FUJIFILM X-E1*3. The new firmware maximizes the benefit of the XF lenses and enables the cameras to search the contrast AF quickly throughout the full range of focal length. The focus speed will be as fast as 0.7 seconds even if it searches from infinity to MOD at the telephoto end.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.