The latest update to the Nik Collection by DxO plugin suite offers improved stability and compatibility with the latest operating systems and Adobe host apps.
Today, DxO has released the Nik Collection by DxO 2018 v1.1, the company’s second update to the creative plugin suite. This version now offers full compatibility with macOS Mojave and the 2019 versions of Adobe Lightroom Classic CC, Photoshop CC, and Photoshop Elements. Certain interface and compatibility issues with other host applications have also been corrected in this new update.
Aside from the full compatibility to the latest macOS and Adobe products, DxO’s development team also worked to ensure the best possible user experience by resolving the leftover issues from the Google version of the plugin suite. These include problems with freezing while installing the macOS version, block effects seen along the edges of the image, compatibility issues observed in certain color profiles, and compatibility problems between the Nik Collection by DxO 2018 and Serif Affinity Photo.
Hearing about the Nik Collection by DxO? It features seven plugins with a full range of creative effects and filters designed for photographers and graphic artists:
• Analog Efex Pro, a classic lens, camera, and analog film simulator.
• Color Efex Pro, for color corrections, retouching, and creative effects.
• Dfine, which reduces noise in digital images.
• HDR Efex Pro, for editing HDR images.
• Sharpener Pro, for increasing the precision and detail of digital images.
• Silver Efex Pro, a black-and-white converter inspired by dark room techniques.
• Viveza, for locally adjusting color and the tonality of specific areas within the image.
The Nik Collection by DxO 2018 v.1.1 is now available for download from the DxO website for $69 / £59 / €69. If you purchased the Nik Collection after June 2018, you can update it for free.