Why is this one so interesting? Well, it has been designed to be the perfect companion for anyone who is using a 2016 Macbook Pro. It has a built-in HDMI port for connecting an external display, USB pass-through to allow for simultaneous charging, and two standard USB 3 connections to connect your other accessories (like external hard drives, card readers, etc).
HyperDrive Spec Highlights
- Works with new 2016 MacBook Pro, 12″ MacBook and other USB Type-C devices
- Turns a single USB Type-C port into 4 ports
- 1 x USB Type-C (supports power delivery and pass through charging)
- 1 x HDMI (supports 4K video)
- 2 x USB 3.0
- Connect USB Type-C MacBook and devices to HDMI displays, up to 4K video resolution
- Allow USB Type-C MacBook and devices to work with legacy USB 3.0 accessories
- USB Type-C Power Delivery allows you to charge your MacBook/device while using the hub
- Available in 4 different colors (Space Gray, Silver, Gold, Rose Gold) that matches the 12″ MacBook and 2016 MacBook Pro
- Aluminum CNC precision machined enclosure with flexible USB Type-C connector cable
As you can see, this would make for a great desktop hub at home. You just set it up on your desk, connect your monitor, and other office peripherals, then just connect your Macbook Pro when you are sitting and ready to work. It’s a little expensive for a USB hub, but when you consider that it matches your Macbook Pro in terms of design, and comes with features most USB hubs don’t have (like the HDMI and charging pass-through) it is a bullet that we think many of you will be willing to bite.
For those interested, you can learn more or pick one up direct from Hyper over on their website for $59.95.