Fujifilm has introduced a new Instax Wide 300, a larger addition to the company’s camera line that uses large format 86mm x 108mm instant film. Aimed at professional and enthusiast film shooters; Fujifilm claims the Wide 300 will produce larger images suited for fashion photography, group shots at events, landscape scenes, and generally any use that needs a large detailed image.
The Wide 300 comes with all the comforts users expect with an Instax camera including a built-in optical viewfinder, electronic flash, plus 1/64 – 1/200 second shutter speeds. The camera also comes with a 95mm lens that can focus between two ranges at 0.9-3 meters and then three meters to infinity. Alternatively, the Instax Wide 300 comes with a close-up lens adapter for macro shots letting users get up to 15.5 inches away from the subject.
The Instax Wide 300 will be available next spring for $129.99, meanwhile Instax Wide film will come in twin packs of 20 for $31.99.
Aside from introducing a new larger format Instax camera, Fujifilm is also adding new colors for the rest of its instant film camera family. The Instax Mini 8 will be available in Raspberry and Grape later this spring as well for $99.99. Lastly, Fujifilm is adding a new Mini 90 in a classier shade of leather brown for $199.99.
Head on past the break for more images and specs.
Fujifilm Instax Wide 300
- Uses Fujifilm INSTAX Instant Color Film (sold separately)
- Film Size: 86 mm x 108 mm
- Picture Size: 62 mm x 99 mm
- Move in/out type lens, 2 components, 2 elements, f = 95 mm, 1:14
- Real image optical viewfinder, 0.37x with target spot
- Motor-driven focusing, 2-range switching (0.9 m – 3 m/3 m – ∞) (normal mode: 0.9 m – 3 m, landscape mode: 3 m – ∞)
- Programmed electronic shutter release, shutter speed: 1/64 sec – 1/200 sec.
- Automatic Exposure Control, Interlocking range (ISO 800): LV 10.5 – LV 15. Exposure compensation (Lighten-Darken Control): ±2/3 EV
- Built-in automatic electronic flash. Charging time: 0.2 seconds – 6 seconds (using a new battery), Flash charging indicator (LED lights in red), Fill-in Flash Mode, Effective flash lamp range: 0.9 m – 3 m
- Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) indicates exposure counter, Lighten-Darken control, Flash Mode
- Uses four AA 1.5 V alkaline batteries
- Film pack confirmation window, close up lens
- Tripod socket
- W:188mm x D:96 mm x H:121mm / 612g (without battery, strap, film pack and close up lens)