Users can even rely on the Leaf Credo 50 for some actions shots as the sensor has a 1.2 frames per second capture rate with 1/10,000 maximum shutter speed as well as fast read and write speeds. Granted, that isn’t what a 35mm DSLR can do, but it’s not bad for a medium format camera. When photographers want to take their time creating an photo the Leaf Credo 50 can also be set for an hour-long exposure.
Of course, the sensor is also well suited from wedding, portrait, and fashion photography when users need to soak in as much detail as possible to produce quality prints in any size. A 3.2-inch, 1.15M dot screen displays every resulting image in full fidelity, plus the added touchscreen functionality makes the digital back easy to navigate. No specific words on the autofocus system being optimized for that type of work either.
The Mamiya Leaf Credo 50 will be available in mid-September for $26,995. Alternatively users can pick up the digital back with a Phase One 645DF+ camera body for $30,995. In the near future Mamiya also plans to sell a Wide-Spectrum version of the back, along with Near Infrared and Ultraviolet imaging systems in the future. Look past the break to see more specs and what it can do in action.
- Sensor size (CMOS):44 mm x 33 mm
- Active pixels: 8280 x 6208
- Resolution: 50MP
- Aspect ratio: 4:3
- Pixel size: 5.3 micron
- ISO sensitivity: 100-6400
- Exposure time: 1/10,000 seconds – 60 minutes
- Full resolution capture rate: 1.2 frames/sec
- Output image dimensions 300 dpi: 300 dpi: 70.1 x 52.6 cm
- Output image dimensions 600 dpi: 600 dpi: 35.0 x 26.3 cm
- Color depth: 14 bits (16,384 levels per channel)
- Dynamic range: 14 f-stops
- Display: 3.2 in, 1.15 MP bright touch LCD with 170 degree viewing angle
- Image viewing: Preview up to 6 images on one LCD screen, up to 400% zoom
- Onboard tools: Live View on LCD, spirit level, ISO, white balance, histogram, exposure alarms, image rating, 645DF custom functions
- Storage: CompactFlash including UDMA 6 and 7
- Connectivity: FireWire 800, USB 3.0, USB 2.0
- Software: Capture One or higher (Apple Mac or Windows)
- Battery: 3400mAh rechargeable Li-ion