We’re big fans of Tap and Dye’s piercingly handsome leather straps for mirrorless cameras. Today the company has announced a new Legacy Porter shoulder strap that can be truly customized by every wearer. Unlike the Tap and Dye’s previous straps, the leather shoulder strap is left untreated and raw. Instead of each strap coming with the same artificial patina, the strap’s natural full grain finish will break in within a few days of use. The company calls it a blank canvas upon which every user can add his or her own wrinkles and marks to create a living record with their cameras.
For a bit of added comfort, the Porter shoulder strap also has an integrated neck pad cut from buttery soft Horween Chromexcel leather. The Chromexcel leather is treated with an aniline solution to add a deep black dye without any topcoats to coverup the hide’s natural grain. The undersides of the neck pad has also been hand rubbed to a soft finish.
The strap is part of Tap and Dye’s Legacy line. So just like the Legacy Wrist Strap and Legacy Camera Neck/Shoulder Strap 44” it features the same spilt ring attachment system, which hopefully will be easier on our fingers and patience this time around. The Legacy Porter shoulder strap is available directly from Tap and Dye for $85. Tech specs and more images after the break.
- Each leather camera strap is made from Full Grain, Cowhide leather. The underside will be beveled and sanded for a softer, comfortable fit and feel. All edges will be left unfinished and distressed for a vintage antique look.
- Each strap features durable, high quality antique nickel plated solid brass rivets.
- Each strap is measured length wise from the center of each keyring. Strap thickness is 8.5 oz and width is 1/2″
- Horween Chromexcel Neck Pad measures 9.5 x 1.5 inches. 7 oz thickness.
- Each strap is compatible will ALL ROUND – LUG strap mounts: Film SLRs, DSLRs, Rangefinders, EVIL cameras, Micro 4/3, Compact Mirrorless.
- Canon FILM SLR: Canon AE-1, AV-1, EF, AT-1, Canonet models
- Contax G1, Contax G2
- Minolta FILM : MInolta SRT 200/201, Minolta XE7, Minolta XG1, Minolta XG-M, Minolta XD7, Minolta XD11, MInolta XD5, Minolta Hi-Matic Rangefinder
- Nikon FE, FE2, FM, FM2, F100, F3, F2, FM2N, F6
- Nikon Df, D300/s, D700, D200, D3, D3S, D3X, D4, D800/E, D7000, D600, D610
- Nikon 1 Compact: V1, V2, Coolpix P7800
- Olympus Micro 4/3: EP1, EP2, EP3, EPL-5, OMD-EM 5, E-PM 1, E-PM 2, OMD-EM1
- Leica M2, M3, M4, M6, M7, M8, M9, MP, ME, Monochrom, M240
- Leica X vario, Leica X1, Leica X2
- Sony A7, Sony A7R, Sony RX1, Sony NEX 6, NEX 5R, NEX 7,
- Fuji X-T1, X-E1, X-E2, X100, X100S, X-Pro 1, X10, X20
- Panasonic LUMIX: DMC-GH2, GH3
- Voigtlander Bessa M Rangefinders: RM2, RM3, RM4