Last Updated on 01/10/2014 by Felix Esser
Canon has announced a firmware update for its flagship professional DSLR, the EOS-1D X. According to the press release, the new firmware version 2.0.3 has been developed as to specifically address requests from the camera’s user base. Accordingly, the update focuses mainly on AF and ISO performance. For a full breakdown of changes, read past the jump.
Canon EOS-1D X Firmware 2.0.3 Features
- Improved AF performance in low light
- Better AF before shutter release in AI Servo mode
- More release priority options to choose between AF speed and accuracy
- More options for fine-tuning AF tracking
- Minimum shutter speed setting in auto ISO mode expanded to 1/8000 sec.
- Manual exposure compensation in M mode with auto ISO
- Auto exposure compensation in M mode upon aperture change
- AF-ON and * buttons can be customized to select various AF settings
- New AF point selection options
- New options for AF point switching upon camera orientation change
- Option to view protected images only in playback
Firmware 2.0.3 for the Canon EOS-1D X is available on Canon’s support site.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.