Two days ago we reported about a possibly upcoming Tamrom super telephoto zoom lens, and now it’s been officially announced. It’s a 4x zoom 150-600mm lens sporting an initial f5-6.3 aperture. In order to be able to take sharp images at such a long focal length, the lens comes with VC image stabilization and fast and silent ultrasonic autofocus motor. High image quality is promised by the use of three low dispersion glass elements and special coatings. Full specs after the break.
Tamrom 150-600mm f5-6.3 Tech Specs
- Focal length: 150-600mm (233-930mm equivalent on APS-C)
- Max. initial aperture: f5-6.3
- Min. aperture: f32-40
- 20 lens elements in 13 groups
- 9 aperture blades
- Min. focusing distance: 2.7 m (8.85 ft)
- Filter thread: 95 mm
- Size L x D: 258 x 106 mm (10.1 x 4.15 in)
- Weight: 1951 g (68.8 oz)
- VC (Vibration Compensation) image stabilization
- USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) autofocus motor
- eBAND (Extended Bandwidth & Angular-Dependency) coating
- BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating
The Tamrom 150-500mm f5-6.3 lens will be showcased during this year’s Salon de la Photo in Paris. Pricing and availability have not been announced so far.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.