FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced the launch of the all new waterproof FinePix XP170 digital camera that combines rugged protection and durability with a new innovative Wireless Image Transfer function that allows users to wirelessly connect to their smartphone or tablet and then upload images to the Internet for online sharing. The FinePix XP170 is the latest edition in Fujifilm’s bestselling line of waterproof cameras for three years in a row.
The FinePix XP170 digital camera features the following specs that make it tough:
– Waterproof to 33ft (10M)
– Shockproof to 6.5 ft (2M)
– Freezeproof to 14°F (-10°C)
The FinePix XP170 also delivers a bright LCD screen, fast auto focus speeds, comfortable grip, and advanced functionality for all weather conditions. And with the new Wireless Image Transfer feature, users can still share those great outdoor images quickly and easily.
The new durable FinePix XP170 features the powerful and performance-driven 14-MegaPixel CMOS sensor, faster start-up and shot-to-shot times, up to 10 frames per second (fps) continuous shooting, a 2.7” anti-reflective, high-contrast LCD that has been brightened for clear viewing even in direct sunlight and underwater, and the high-precision, FUJINON 5x wide angle optical zoom lenses (28-140mm) with a reinforced hardened glass lens barrier and water repellent coating.
Wireless Image Transfer
The FinePix XP170’s Wireless Image Transfer function allows users to connect their smartphone or tablet to the XP170 and upload images to social networking sites like YouTube and Facebook.
The FinePix XP170 can be connected to any Android smartphone or tablet, or the iPhone or iPad – all users have to do is download the free application “FUJIFILM Photo Receiver” to their device, then follow the instructions to get connected.
The FinePix XP170 offers movies in full 1080p HD – even underwater – with sound at 30fps.
Advanced Image Stabilization
The XP170 has a powerful CMOS-shift Image Stabilization (CIS) system. CIS works as the photo is being taken as it combines a mechanically stabilized sensor with high ISO to combat camera/hand shake and subject movement for improved low light shooting.
Tracking Auto Focus (AF)
Created specifically to capture an action shot, the AF function tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed. When users fully press the shutter button, the subject will be in the center of the photo in perfect focus.
In addition to these innovations, the XP170 is also loaded with the following features:
- 360° Motion Panorama Mode: Automatically creates a stunning panoramic (horizontal or vertical) picture.
- Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
- Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal:To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the XP170 uses Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 6 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery: The XP170 has an extended-life rechargeable Li-ion battery with charger for up to 300 shots per charge that allows users to shoot all of their images without worrying if the camera is going to last for the duration of their trip.