Finally! After what feels like decades that users of mirrorless camera systems had to use SLR-mount Lensbabies via an appropriate adapter, Lensbaby is now offering at least one of their “Creativ Effects Lenses” for a broader range of mirrorless systems. The Composer Pro for mirrorless cameras will be available in Micro Four Thirds, Sony NEX and Samsung NX mount.
The Composer Pro comes with the 50mm f/2 Doube Glass optic, but can be used with the complete range of creative optics in the Lensbaby Optic Swap System including the Edge 80, Sweet 35, Fisheye, Soft Focus, Pinhole/Zone plate, Single Glass, and Plastic.
Composer Pro for Mirrorless Cameras Specs
- Refined metal ball design delivers ultra-smooth focus and tilt control
- Ships with the Double Glass Optic installed
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- Focus Type: Manual
- Size/Weight: 2.25″ (5.71cm) high x 2.5″ (6.35cm) wide / 4 oz (113.4g)
- Tilt range of up to +/- 17.5 degrees
Double Glass Optic Product Specs
- Focal Length: 50mm
- Low dispersion, high refractive index, multi-coated optical glass doublet
- Aperture Type: Interchangeable, magnetic aperture disks
- Apertures: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22
- Selective focus optic (creates a sweet spot of focus surrounded by gradual blur)
- Focus distance when used with Composer Pro: 18″ to infinity
- 37mm front threads accept all Lensbaby accessory lenses
The Composer Pro for mirrorless cameras is available now for an MSRP of $300. You can order the Composer Pro from B&H Photo following the links below.
Composer Pro for Micro Four Thirds
Composer Pro for Sony NEX
Composer Pro for Samsung NX
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.