Corel today introduces the latest iteration of their popular video editing software VideoStudio Pro. In version X5, VideoStudio Pro now supports HTML5 for easier online video embedding, stop-motion recording with Canon DSLRs, 50p/60p video editing and the integration of multi-layered PaintShop Pro graphics into the video. Additionally, VideoStudio Pro X5 now comes with screen recording capabilities and multi-core acceleration for even faster editing and processing.
While screen recording, stop-motion support and HTML5 capability are certainly welcome new features, the most important improvement of VideoStudio Pro X5 over its predecessor X4 is probably the support for 50p and 60p video and the new multi-core acceleration, which will significantly improve editing and processing speed.
VideoStudi Pro X5 is aimed specifically at beginners in video editing, but also at advanced users through certain features. For users new to video editing, Corel has included a great number of templates that can be used to create appealing video productions and to get a feel for the software’s capabilities. Additionally, VideoStudio Pro X5’s three-step interface layout guides the user through the editing process step-by-step.
Also thought for the beginner is the integrated Corel Guide, which offers online training videos, additional templates, help resources , product updates and other additional content.
VideoStudio Pro X5 will come in two versions — a standard version and an Ultimate version. The main difference between the standard and Ultimate versions is that the Ultimate version includes a number of effects plug-ins from ProDAD, Boris and NewBlue.
VideoStudio Pro X5 main features
- HTML5 authoring: Easily create HTML5 embedded videos in WebM or MPEG4 (H.264) format. Embed video in your website without using additional video streaming platforms. HTML5 is supported by most current browser versions.
- Screen recording: Capture screencasts and create tutorials, training videos or demonstrations and add animations, effects, music, titles and voiceovers.
- Multimedia tracks: VideoStudio Pro X5 supports up to 21 video or graphic tracks, two title or subtitle tracks, and four audio tracks.
- Multi-layer graphics: Add multi-layer graphics from PaintShop Pro into your video by simply dragging-and-dropping them into the timeline.
- Stop-motion recording: Create stop-motion animations with your Canon DSLR by simply connecting it with VideoStudio Pro X5 via USB.
- 50p/60p support: VideoStudio Pro X5 now supports 50p and 60p video from HDSLR cameras.
- 3D video import: Capture 3D video from your webcam and edit MVC and MPO formats.
Pricing and availability
VideoStudio Pro X5 and X5 Ultimate are available immediately as an electronic download from www.corel.com in English, Japanese, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Polish, Russian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Box versions will be available from March 21, 2012 at an MSRP of US-$ 79.99 for VideoStudio X5 and US-$ 99.99 for VideoStudio X5 Ultimate.
The Phoblographer currently has VideoStudio Pro X5 Ultimate in for review — expect our thoughts on the software in the coming weeks.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.