Olympus today announced two new point-and-shoot cameras, the SZ-31MR iHS superzoom and the TG-820 iHS rugged compact. Both cameras are aimed at outdoor photographers — the SZ-31MR iHS with its 24x zoom lens (25-600 mm equivalent) lends itself at nature and wildlife photography, while the water-, shock-, freeze-, crush- and dustproof TG-820 iHS can go with you on outdoor activities in the mountains and underwater alike. More details after the jump.
Tech-specs for the SZ-31MR iHS* superzoom compact, successor to the SZ-30MR, read as follows:
- 16 megapixel BSI (BackSide Illuminated) CMOS sensor paired with two TruePic V image processors for high sensitivity and high speed
- 24x 25-600 mm (equivalent) f3.0-6.9 zoom lens
- 3″, 920k dot touch-sensitive LCD screen
- 10 fps (frames per second) shooting
- 1080p HD video (with Multi-recording functionality to capture full-res still images while recording HD video by a simple tap on the screen)
- Multi Motion Movie IS (image stabilization) for video recording and Dual Image Stabilization for still pictures
- 12 art filters appilicable to both video and still images, with three new Magic Art Filters (Reflection, Fragmented and Dramatic)
- Hand-Held Starlight Mode for shooting night scenes without a tripod
The SZ-31MR iHS will be available in the U.S. by late April and comes in black and silver colors. The estimated street price is US-$ 399.99.
The Tough TG-820 iHS rugged compact, successor to the Tough TG-810, comes with the following features:
- 12 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor paired with a TruePic VI processor (the same as in the new OM-D E-M5)
- 5x 28-140 mm (equivalent) f3.9-5.9 zoom lens plus extended 10x Super-Resolution digital Zo0m
- 3″, 1,030k dot HyperCrystal III LCD screen (scratch-resistand and anti-reflective)
- 1080p HD video recording
- Multi Motion Movie IS image stabilization
- HDR Backlight Adjustment for difficult lighting automatically creates a picture with extended dynamic range from a series of consecutive exposures
- Enhanced iAuto automatically detects 34 different scenes (portrait, landscape, macro etc.)
- Waterproof to 33 ft, shockproof to drops from up to 6.6 ft, freezeproof up to 14° F and crushproof to pressures up to 220 lb
The Tough TG-820 iHS will be available in the U.S in March and comes in black, silver and blue colors. The estimated street price is US-$ 299.99.
* iHS = intelligent, High-Sensitivity and High-Speed
Please Support the Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our link and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.