Tamron Co., Ltd., Japanese manufacturer of optical equipment, just announced their latest DSLR zoom lens, the SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD for Nikon, Canon and Sony DSLR cameras. This is the first full-frame lens of these specifications featuring Tamron’s renowned Vibration Compensation image stabilization system, which has been completely worked over for better performance and lower weight. In addition to full 35mm coverage and a constant f2.8 aperture, the lens is moisture resistant and comes with a fast and silent ultrasonic AF.
Full specs after the jump.
Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 Di VC USD specs:
- focal length 24-70mm (35mm full-frame)
- constant f2.8 max. aperture with 9 rounded blades
- minimum aperture of f22
- Tamron’s latest Vibration Compensation system
- Ultrasonic Silent Drive autofocus
- 17 lens elements in 12 groups, comprising 3 LD elements, three aspherical surfaces, one hybrid aspherical lens and two Extra Refractive Index glasses
- minimum focusing distance 0.38 m / 18 in
- filter size 82 mm
- length 117.9 mm / 4.6 in (108.5 mm / 4.3 in when mounted on camera)*
- weight 825 g (29.1 oz)
* Length and weight values are given for the Nikon mount version.
Availability and pricing are unknown as of yet.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.