Fujifilm continues to round out their line of X series lenses and now the Japanese camera company has come out with a Fujinon 56mm F1.2 lens for X series cameras. The lens features a 85mm equivalent focal length on Fujifilm’s cropped sensor cameras.
The 56mm F1.2 lens is made up of 11 optical elements in eight groups including two extra-low dispersion elements. The glass has also been treated with several coatings to help reduce ghosting and flare. As with previous Fujinon lenses this piece of glass is wrapped with a metal, mechanical aperture ring to ratchet up and down the f-stops with a satisfying click.
As we’ve raved about 85mm lenses before they mix together the perfect blend of reach and compactness for street photography. Fujifilm’s particular version of the lens will run into steep competition against with great 85mm lenses already out there including the Zeiss 85mm f1.4 and Sigma 85mm f1.4 EX DG HSM.
The Fujifilm 56mm F1.2 X series portrait lens will be available this February for $999.95. Read on for more specs and stay tuned for our hands on impressions with the lens.
Fujifilm 56mm F1.2
- Fujifilm X-mount compatible with all Fujifilm interchangeable system cameras
- HT-EBC*3 multi-layer coating minimizing ghosting and flare
- 56mm lens (equivalent 85mm on Fujifilm crop sensors)
- Seven-bladeed aperture diaphragm
- 70cm (27in) minimum focusing distance
- 11 elements in 8 groups
- Two extra-low dispersion elements
- One double-sided aspherical element
- Four elements with a convex surface facing the subject
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.