One of the things we absolutely cannot stress enough at The Phoblographer is just how important it is to get things right in camera. Being able to use software like Photoshop to add effects to your images is cool, but nothing can beat the look of capturing effects in real-time, in-camera. In June of 2019, we reviewed the OMNI Creative Filter System from Lensbaby. The system allows you to add cool light distortions into your images via crystals and wands, and we loved it. Today, Lensbaby announced that they developed a new color expansion pack for the system that will allow you to get even more creative. Join us after the break for the details.
In our review of the OMNI Creative Filter System, we loved the effects it gave us. The color expansion system will enhance that experience even more. We all know that adding color to images can dramatically alter the overall mood of the picture. This, however, is not always easy to do. Lensbaby has tried to solve that issue with the color expansion pack.
The OMNI Creative Filter System Color Expansion Pack includes a vast array of tools to organically introduce color and mood to your images. All of the new tools easily attach to the OMNI Creative Filter System, which you have to own if you want to use these new tools. The cost of the base system is just $99.95.
As you can see, you can create some pretty cool effects in-camera with the color expansion pack. The only thing that will hold you back from creating dreamy images will be your creativity and imagination. The Lensbaby OMNI Creative Filter System color expansion pack comes with a lot of new tools, including:
- A Crystal Multicolor Teardrop and Crescent wand, each with a unique spectral coating resulting in constantly changing prismatic colors on top of the crystals’ multi-faceted, fractal effects
- Set of five smooth-surface Lumi Films in a range of colors and hues which add color, light leaks, expired film effects, and more
- Set of four textured Lumi Films which create flare effects from the texture, also in a range of colors and hues which add color, light leaks, and expired film effects
- Set of five Color Gels, each of which adds a single swath of color overlay
- Crisscross Rainbow film that creates a patterned rainbow effect
- Two Effect Wand handles to hold the gels & films
The Color Expansion Pack will be available for pre-order on October 24, 2019, and will be available for demonstration at PhotoPlus 2019 in New York City through October 26. The OMNI Color Expansion Pack retails for $59.95. Remember, you’ll need the base kit to use this, and that will run you $99.95. If you would like the Crystal Expansion Kit, you can pick that up for $49.95. For more details head to the official Lensbaby website.