You can spend all the money in your bank account on the best gear available, and pour over lighting tutorials until the end of time, but if you fail to have a solid grasp on posing then you will never be able to use that gear and lighting prowess to make images worthy of the money and time spent on them. Continue reading…
Fujifilm Instax Share SP-2 is currently on sale for a cool $40 off, bringing it down from its usual $200 price point to a $160 price tag. These little printers are great for those who want to have some fun instant prints available from your smartphone or Fujifilm X-Series camera without buying one of the dedicated Instax Mini cameras.
- Instax Share SP-2 – $157.00
In other related news, those interested can also pre-order the newly announced Instax Mini 9 , which is set to start shipping on April 23rd (this upcoming Sunday).
Sony really wants you to join their ranks, and to give you a little added incentive they are running their ever popular trade in program where you can get up to $450 credit towards your new Sony gear when you trade in your old gear. The catch about doing this online is that you have to buy your gear before you send in your trade in, so there is some overlap, so we recommend going into a participating retail location to take advantage. But for those interested in taking advantage of this online, here are some current Sony prices on new gear you may be interested in…
More power and more storage, these are things that all photographers need. UHS-II is the latest and greatest in the SD card market with its blazing fast speeds that make transferring photos a breeze and even 4K video nice and snappy. Today we have some savings on some of these lightning fast cards to pair with your new cameras.
- SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB CF Cards: $79.10
- Lexar Professional 32GB CD Cards: $38.95
- Lexar Professional 64GB SDXC UHS-II/U3: $91.00
- Delkin 32GB SDHC UHS-II: $53.88
- Wasabi Power Battery (2-Pack) and Dual Charger for Canon LP-E6: Out of stock
- Batmax NP-W126 Battery (2-Pack) and dual battery charger: $21.99
- RAVPower Sony NP FW50 Battery Charger Set: $29.99
Film photography is having a renaissance, and this means more and more photographers are looking to buy. But an issue many are finding is the difficulty of actually buying film in a store these days. You can usually find film in camera stores still, but even their stock is usually limited, and the other unfortunate reality is that these shops are becoming more and more rare.
Lucky for those of us who enjoy shooting with film you can still get your film fairly quickly when ordering online, and if you happen to be an Amazon Prime member you can get it second day for free or next day (in some areas) for really cheap. Amazon has a great stock of black and white films available too!
With all this talk about Sony, Panasonic, and Fujifilm deals lately, we thought it was also worth mentioning the current slate of Canon savings you can still take advantage of. These deals aren’t new, but we have not mentioned them in a bit, so if you have been looking for some Canon savings, here ya go.
Canon Lens Savings
- EF 40mm f/2.8 STM (Save $20): Get it on Amazon
- EF 50mm f/1.4 USM (save $70): Get it on Amazon
- EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM (save $200): Get it on Amazon
- EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM (save $200): Get it on Amazon
- EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM (save $200): Get it on Amazon
- EF 85mm f/1.8 USM (save $20): Get it on Amazon
- EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS (save $200): Get it on Amazon
Also, Panasonic, Sony, and Fujifilm all have some good deals still running, so make sure and check those out below.
Not to be outdone by Sony and Fujifilm, Panasonic has some deals going on right now as well on some of their excellent micro four thirds cameras and lenses. If you have been thinking about jumping into the Panasonic system, then maybe now is a good time.
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 – $487.20
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 – $539.99
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX10 – $682.89
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100 –
- Panasonic Lumix G 25mm f/1.7 G –
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 – $498.94
Don’t forget about the other savings currently going on as well!
There is no denying that Sony is really hitting their stride right now in the mirrorless market, with their A7 series (still?!) being the only full frame player and the A6xxx series still one of the better options in the cropped markets. So naturally, many of you are looking into picking up a Sony kit either to try out or maybe as a full on switch. Which makes deals like the new Sony rebates that are live today even better…
Sony A6300/6500 Rebates
- Sony A6300 (Body Only) – $948.00
- Sony A6300 (16-70mm Kit) – $1,996.00
- Sony A6300 (16-50mm Kit) – $1,048.00
- Sony A6300 (2 Lens Kit) – $1,239.00
- Sony A6500 (2 Lens Kit) –
- Sony A6500 (16-70mm Kit) –
If you have been thinking about possibly picking up an A6000 series camera, now is could be a great time to think about pulling that trigger. Don’t forget about the other savings currently going on as well!