We’re giving away a Fujifilm X-E1 btw! Details here!
Not long ago, Fujifilm issued a press release detailing some exciting new enhancements that are coming via a firmware update to the X-E1 and X Pro 1. But today, they released a couple more details. Specifically, the company is adding in magnification improvements when trying to check critical focus. After the new update, it will cycle between 3x and 10x digital enhancements–kind of how the Canon system works. But they’re also trying to improve low light autofocusing with scenes that have horizontal stripes.
More than any other company out there, Fujifilm is showing a commitment to their products via loads of firmware updates.
You can read the entire changes list after the jump. Look out for a July 23rd release.
Main contents of the firmware update
- 1.Improved AF speed on most existing XF lenses.
Thanks to an updated algorithm, faster AF speed is achieved with the following XF lenses:
- XF14mmF2.8 R
- XF18mmF2 R
- XF35mmF1.4 R
- XF60mmF2.4 R Macro
- XF18-55mmF2.8–4 R LM OIS
- 2.Addition of the “Focus Peak Highlight” function for manual focusing.
The “Focus Peak Highlight” function, which features on the FUJIFILM X100S and X20 cameras, has been added via this firmware update. It assists accurate and sensitive manual focusing by enhancing the outline of your subject in high contrast.
- 3.Improvement of the method to change magnification during manual focus.
Just press the dial to activate image magnification during manual focus and then rotate the dial right or left and the camera will alternate between 3x and 10x, whichever direction you turn.
- 4.Improvement of focus precision in various scenes [additional item] The focus detection algorithm has been improved to provide more accurate focus precision for low contrast subjects and scenes containing horizontal stripes.
- 5.XF18-55mmF2.8-4 R LM OIS lens:
Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) is improved when shooting a movie.
The OIS is improved to reduce image blurring when walking to shoot a movie.
- *To enjoy this improvement, firmware upgrade of X-Pro1 is required to version 3.00 or newer and X-E1 version to 2.00 or newer
- FUJIFILM X-Pro1 : Version 3.00
- FUJIFILM X-E1: Ver. 2.00
Please go to the below website for details on other changes. It is also necessary to update the firmware of XF lenses at the same time in order to enable firmware update to the fullest.
Fujifilm’s global website : http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/
- *This firmware is a dedicated firmware for FUJIFILM X-Pro1 and X-E1. Firmware is software that controls the camera body.
- *The firmware can be downloaded from “Support” on the Fujifilm website.
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.