I’m not one to shout “Buy! Buy! Buy!” but dang, Nikon is making it tempting for me to jump the manufacturer fence and pick up a D3100 on the cheap. If you’re not familiar with the D3100, check out our review here.
Nikon is offering, until September 29th, 2012, a $150 instant discount when you pick up a D3100 with 18-55mm kit lens. That brings the price to below $500! Yes, I just used Red AND Bold in the same sentence, twice!
As mentioned, this is a total impulse buy but one I feel is worth it if you are:
- Thinking of switching from a point and shoot to a DSLR.
- Getting started in photography and don’t know what to buy. This is a perfect camera to learn with and $150 off is a perfect amount to save.
- Buying Christmas gifts early (There, I said it. I said Christmas in September. That’s how excited I am. Or lacking in sleep). If you know someone who wants to give photography a try, this camera is seriously worth it.
- Want a kick around camera perfect for vacations when lugging around a full sized DSLR is a pain.
Want the perfect combo to get you started? Nikon is also offering another $150 off a 55-300mm zoom lens! That’s over 35% off! This lens is great for portraits of kids, action shots, street photography and wildlife (i.e. birds in your backyard).
Okay, I’ll calm down.
Some specs that make this camera worth the money:
- 14MP sensor
- Full 1080p HD Cinematic Video
- ISO up to 12,800. Hello night photography!
- Popup flash
- Aperture, Shutter and Manual modes to help you expand as you learn more about photography
One last thing, Amazon knows it sucks to get camera and not have a card, that’s why they throw in a SanDisk Extreme 16 GB SDHC card for free.
Let me help you get all this in your cart:
- Nikon D3100 for $496. Comes with 18-55mm kit lens and a world of possibilities for your creative, artistic side.
- Free SanDisk 16 GB card. (full price rebate listed at checkout)
- Optional, but worth it: Nikon 55-300mm lens for $249 ($150 rebate listed at checkout).
That is all you need to have fun and get started in photography! Go for it, but do it soon as the deal ends on the 29th! I’ll stop using exclamation points now, sorry.