ThinkTank has just announced a new range of heavy-duty traveller backpacks in the Airport series. The backpacks called Airport Accelerator, Airport Commuter and Airport Essentials (in order of size) were designed with maneuvering through airports quickly in mind. Aimed at travelling photographers, each backpack integrates quick access pockets for both laptops and iPad, a top pocket for boarding passes, and three robust handles to ensure easy placement and retrieval from overhead bins. The two smaller bagsare designed to fit under-seat in regional commuter planes. Other features are a light, adjustable, contoured harness, air mesh paneling the keeps your back cool, a height-adjustable sternum strap, a removable waist belt, side water bottle pocket, tripod/ monopod mounting system and seam sealed rain cover. Additionally, the Airport backpacks can be used with Think Tank’s Pro Speed Belts for additional support and capacity by adding component pouches and cases from the company’s Modular Rotation Component System. Read more after the jump.
The Airport series backpacks come in three sizes:
- The Airport Accelerator accommodates two pro size DSLRs, six to eight standard zooms, a 500 f/4.0, iPad, and up to a 17” laptop. The largest of the three, this one has a padded removable waist belt.
- The Airport Commuter accommodates a pro size DSLR, four to six standard zooms, (increased depth holds a 400 f/2.8), iPad and 15” laptop .
- The Airport Essentials accommodates a standard DSLR, four to six standard zooms, iPad, and up to 13” laptop.
Other features are:
- Bottom hinge opens bag completely for quick and unencumbered access.
- Cable lock and locking YKK zipper sliders for added security.
- Laptop and iPad stored in a separate locking zippered compartment.
- Top zippered pocket for boarding pass.
- Easily accessible front organizer pocket.
Exterior Dimensions: 14” W x 20.5” H x 9” D (35.6 x 52.1 x 22.9cm)
Interior Dimensions: 12.5” W x 18.8” H x 6.8” D (31.6 x 47.8 x 17.3cm)
Laptop: 12.3” W x 17.5” H x 1.5” D (31.2 x 44.5 x 44cm)
Weight: 4.8-5.5 lbs (2.2-2.5 kg)
Exterior Dimensions: 12.5” W x 18” H x 8.5” D (31.6 x 45.7 x 21.6cm)
Interior Dimensions: 11.5” W x 16.3” H x 6.8” D (29.2 x 41.4 x 17.3cm)
Laptop: 11” W x 16” H x 1.3” D (27.9 x 40.6 x 3.3cm
Weight: 3.6-4.2lbs (1.7-1.9kg)
Exterior Dimensions: 11.5” W x 18” H x 7” D (29.2 x 45.7 x 17.8cm)
Interior Dimensions: 10.6” W x 16.3” H x 5” D (27 x 41.4 x 12.7cm)
Laptop: 10” W x 15.5” H x 1” D (25.4 x 39.4 x 2.5cm)
Weight: 3-3.6 lbs (1.4-1.6 kg)
Pricing and Availability
ThinkTank’s new Airport backpacks will be available from mid-May. Retail prices are as follows:
Airport Accelerator: US-$ 279.95
Airport Commuter: US-$ 199.75
Airport Essentials: US-$ 175.75
Please Support The Phoblographer
We love to bring you guys the latest and greatest news and gear related stuff. However, we can’t keep doing that unless we have your continued support. If you would like to purchase any of the items mentioned, please do so by clicking our links first and then purchasing the items as we then get a small portion of the sale to help run the website.