Attention, jet-setting world-travelling photo-documenting journalists — and others who travel a lot with their photographic gear: Tenba not long ago announced their new universal hybrid roller/backpack that will hold everything you need while on vacation/an assignment/exploring the world. Whether at the airport stuck in customs, roaming the streets of Caracas or wandering the heights of the Himalaya, whether you wish to take your DSLR or your Hasselblad or your HD video system — the Roadie II takes it all and can be carried anywhere.
From the quick specs glance, it seems like a rock-solid backpack.
The Tenba Rodie II is your sturdy travel companion
The new Tenba Roadie II Universal Hybrid Roller/Backpack is a sturdy little carrier that can either be pulled on its replaceable wheels using its heavy-duty handle, or be carried on your back with its fast-deploying, padded backpack harness. Its large main compartment can hold up to two SLRs and eight lenses, a small medium-format setup or an HD camera plus accessories. Additionally, the Tenba Roadie II features a laptop compartment that can hold most 15″ laptops or even a 17″ MacBook. It is built from rugged materials like weatherproof nylon, has padded handles and compartments and is highly customizeable on the interior with its padded compartment divisors. A great number of small pockets on the in- and outside take up additional accessories like batteries, cables, filters etc. The Tenba Roadie II’s outside dimensions meet the strictest international airline carry-on standards, ensuring that you can take it anywhere you go.
Tenba Rodie II specifications
- Outside dimensions (W x H x D): 14 x 20 x 8.5 in (36 x 51 x 22 cm)
- Inside dimensions (W x H x D): 12 x 17 x 5.75-7 in (30 x 43 14.5-18 cm)
- Laptop compartment (W x H x D): 12.25 x 16 x 1.5 in (31 x 41 x 4 cm)
- Weight: 10.5 lb (4.8 kg)
- Four-section pulling handle
- Weatherproof ballistic nylon exterior, YKK® zippers and heavy-duty tricot interior
- Heavy-duty, ball bearing wheel assemblies
- Padded handles, compartments and harness
- Quick-connect tripod carrying system
- Fully adjustable/removable, padded dividers for the main compartment
- Includes a 4- pocket media wallet to fit CF or SD cards
The Tenba Roadie II is available for pre-order at B&H Photo for an MSRP of US-$ 324.95.